Computer Chess Club Archives


Search

Terms

Messages

Subject: Re: I resign the Post as Moderator.

Author: Andrew Williams

Date: 03:25:04 07/23/99

Go up one level in this thread


On July 22, 1999 at 20:47:26, Mark Young wrote:

>On July 22, 1999 at 20:18:26, KarinsDad wrote:
>
>>On July 22, 1999 at 19:45:22, Mark Young wrote:
>>
>>>On July 22, 1999 at 19:23:41, Bruce Moreland wrote:
>>>
>>>>
>>>>On July 22, 1999 at 18:18:22, Terry Presgrove wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> It seems to me that if moderators have the authority to delete other
>>>>> moderator's posts that this is a formula for disaster! What would have
>>>>> prevented Fernando from deleting yours?
>>>>
>>>>Nothing except sanity.
>>>>
>>>>You would think that if moderators delete posts for no reason, that someone will
>>>>figure it out and stop them.  I had a reason for deleting that post, there were
>>>>no posts of mine that needed deleting.
>>>>
>>>>bruce
>>>
>>>The problem is this is only your view right or wrong..., you are one moderator.
>>>We voted for three moderators. If one moderator can take opon himself to delete
>>>posts without the consent of at least one other moderator. Then what is the
>>>point in voting for 3 moderators. If your view is the only one that matters then
>>>I guess the other moderator sould resign now, because he also has no say in what
>>>and what is not deleted.
>>
>>Actually, this is my view as well. Moderators HAVE to have the flexibility to
>>delete bad posts when they occur and they also HAVE to have the authority to do
>>that with no one's permission.
>>
>>Bruce did the right thing. This post should have been deleted.
>
>I am not disagreeing that the post sould or sould not have been deleted, the
>question is how do you know when the post was deleted that it should have been,
>when you did not see it. In this case you are the third moderator, One moderator
>thought the post was ok, he posted it. One moderator thought it should be
>deleted, he deleted it. That seems like a clear case for you to be consulted to
>break the disagreement. Instead Bruce just took it opon himself to delete the
>post. Unless you have given Bruce your vote by proxy, and if that is the case
>why are you still here as a moderator. Just resign and let Bruce run the show.
>

Effectively you are saying that none of the moderators can take a holiday,
because if they do the other two are not able to police each other?

>
>
>
> I have been
>>somewhat lenient trying to not create waves and probably Bruce has as well. But,
>>when a post obviously begs for removal, it should be removed.
>>
>>Fernando is a great guy, but nominating him for moderator was probably a mistake
>>of this body. He personality is just not cut out for it. This can be seen by the
>>fact that the ONLY post Bruce deleted was Fernando's and the ONLY thread I
>>deleted originally became controversial because of Fernando, hence, I deleted
>>his posts as well.
>>
>>I am fairly lenient, but Fernando's moderation stance is almost non-existent.
>
>So what, that is what he ran on and was elected to represent. For you now to
>show such disrespect to Fernando in what you have said, is a slap in the face to
>the people who voted for Fernando. What you are saying is I reject the views of
>the people that voted for Fernando's way of moderation. As only my way of think
>is the correct approach.
>

Did anyone who voted for Fernando really want him to be free to post dirty
jokes in this forum? Surely that wasn't the platform he was standing on? The
charter states that he has *no right at all* to post dirty jokes in this forum.
That doesn't change because he's a moderator. I don't understand your point at
all (unless you are simply trying to prolong the discussion for some reason).


>>I'm sorry if that opinion bothers people, but that is how I see it. Bruce and I
>>are not ganging up on Fernando, he made the decision himself to post what he
>>did. Even the subject of his post had "Off Topic, but" in it.
>>
>>I hope we can put this behind us and move forward.
>>
>>KarinsDad :(

Andrew Williams



This page took 0.01 seconds to execute

Last modified: Thu, 15 Apr 21 08:11:13 -0700

Current Computer Chess Club Forums at Talkchess. This site by Sean Mintz.